First, make your vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar with a lid, combine the eschalot, vinegar and salt. Leave to macerate for about 15 minutes. Next, add the oregano and olive oil and mix or shake to combine.
How to chop mint, sage, oregano and basil
Cut your iceberg into thin, long wedges and arrange on a platter. Shake the dressing up just before pouring it over the lettuce.
- 2 iceberg lettuces, outer leaves removed
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- 1/2 bunch dill, fronds picked
- 50-70g creamy sheep’s milk feta (Bulgarian sheep’s milk feta works, or even a Danish cow’s milk feta would be good too)
- 30g thinly sliced eschalot
- 50ml agrodolce-style white wine vinegar (if you can’t find that, add 2 tsp honey to regular white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/ 2 tsp dried oregano
- 120ml extra-virgin olive oil